Home » Workforce Development » Workforce Taskforce Committee
Workforce Taskforce Committee
In October of 2017, the SCEDC launched its Workforce Taskforce Committee. This committee aims to bring together employer and labor groups to create and promote consensus paths to train the industry’s most important resource: our workforce.
Three sub-committees within the Taskforce address specific needs that the Taskforce identified:
- Workforce training
- Talent/attraction and marketing
The members of these committees have identified several issues and are seeking to solve these issues by:
- Fostering collaboration and dialogue between industry and schools to determine real needs and how to address them.
- Promoting and planning events to increase awareness of and interest in manufacturing opportunities for those seeking jobs.
- Brainstorming creative solutions to common problems that industry-members face.
- Identifying and combatting unique generational challenges.
- Coordinating and advertising funding opportunities for job seekers to train these individuals for needed jobs.
- And much more!